St. Stephen’s was founded in 1909, through the efforts of a dedicated and faithful group. The first church building was located on the campus of Slater Industrial and Normal School, which would later become Winston-Salem State University. In 1926 the church moved to make way for the burgeoning University, and has been a staple in East Winston ever since. Since its humble inception. St. Stephen’s has gone through many seasons of change. From its first priest-in-charge, Rev. J.K. Satterwhite, to our current priestin-charge, Rev. Dr. Hector Sintim, St. Stephen’s has cultivated a Lush and thriving garden on hard work in the community, fellowship within our family and with our neighbors, and charity those in need.